Pages

Wednesday 11 March 2009






Wednesday 11 March 2009

Blowing My Own Trumpet ! ! !


This morning I received an email announcing that I had been placed Joint Second in a Major Camera Manufacturers WebsiteMonthly competition, by their resident "Professional Photographer". The prize is a £100 voucher towards the cost of a new camera from their e-shop!... In February, I also won the weekly competition, which was voted by the viewers/members of the site, and the prize for that was a £75 voucher... ! The photograph of "In-Flight Refuelling" (Swallow feeding it`s young) is the monthly prize winner, and the "Spinnaker Tower Night" is the winner for the weekly competition....

A couple of months ago, I entered a similar competition run by the Fuji site, and managed to gain a Third Place with the reflection in the teapot photograph.

The smoky roller photograph was a second place in a local village show competition, along with the railway viaduct.

I am really pleased with myself !... So here I am "blowing my own trumpet"! ! ! !.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Gerry - now what on earth camera are you going to spend those vouchers on??

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Panasonic get some stock, it will be the Panasonic TZ6... a compact point and shoot, with 12 X optical zoom, and many other features found on bigger bulkier cameras... !

    ReplyDelete