Pages

Monday 20 May 2013

Ward & Goldstone Digital Text Sender in action

 Here are some pics of a morse key I bought at a radio rally today... I think it is about 1905 and was made by Ward and Goldstone, Pendleton, Manchester.  (UK)....








 





Here is a video of my 113 year old Digital Text Sender in action.....

The key was made by Ward and; Goldstone, Pendleton, Manchester, probably for the Marconi Company, as they made keys and radio equipment for them to install on the ships of the period,

Click on the video for larger version... 

          Click on the little square, bottom right corner for full screen.... have phones or speakers on !

The key has been modified, by changing the shape of the knob, and giving it a "spark gap" shield underneath the knob, similar to my Admiralty Pattern 7681 key... as you can see, this is the way that I use the key ! ! .. unconventional, but works well for me !







No comments:

Post a Comment