Pages

Sunday 29 August 2010

Portsmouth International Kite Festival 2010

Once again, the Portsmouth International Kite Festival was held on Southsea Common, this August Bank Holiday.   There was a pretty stiff breeze blowing, I would say about force 4, which gave plenty of lift for the larger exhibition kites.  The weather was dry, but the cloud base was very low, and at times, threatened to drench the show... but it never materialised, (at least not while I was there!)... in fact, from time to time there was a nice blue sky, as you can see from the pics.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gerry, Nice set of kite photos must have been a good display. The wind is alwayS the main factor in what can be launched as some of the large inflateables are quite heavy. Many thanks for this. Have you tried Dynamic Photo HDR http://www.mediachance.com/hdri/index.html (TRIAL VERSION) which I think would enhance pictures 1, 4, 11, 14 and 18. This is a single shot HDR converter but has a good tone mapping which will excentuate the clouds without losing the photos overall effects. A pleasure to view, Thanks, Nige'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nigel,
    I was doing my "roving reporter" style of shooting at the kite festival, because I knew you would not be able to get there !... glad you are (reasonabl) impressed with the results...
    No, I haven`t done any hdr stuff, never been really impressed with the results I have seen from others....!... whatever grabs you, I suppose.
    I only go for totally FREE software, and have quite a few nice progs (contact me for a list and noddy`s help guide!). Dislike the TRIAL VERSION stuff, cos you get a pic you want to do something with and then find the prog ran out of trial 24 hours earlier.
    thanks for the visit, and comment.

    ReplyDelete