Pages

Monday 2 March 2009







Monday 2 March 2009

Went to visit a "local" lake, well, it is about 35 miles from where I live, but I suppose that is "local" when you live in a large country such as USA or Australia. ! ! !... Took our great granddaughter to "feed the ducks", but ended up feeding the seagulls !... Managed to get a few decent shots, but was mainly trying out my 1.4 teleconverter lens, and also the "burst" mode on the FZ28.... I took over 700 shots in just under 2 hours ! ! !... Strangely, not many of the attempts to catch birds in flight worked out with the burst mode.... maybe I need more practice.... The best shots turned out to be "single" shots, where I second-guessed the flight path, and took a chance !...


This morning, I was out in the garden, trying out my 18 X optical zoom on the local bird population, and also the Extra Zoom facility, that is enabled by downsizing the MPX figure on the main menu... Down from 10 mpx to 7 mpx, gives you EZ (extra zoom) facility of 24.5 on the normal optical zoom. I was just going indoors, (as is usual) when I spotted a blue tit, sitting on the fence at the bottom of the garden.....





When I got the shot on my laptop screen, it looks very much like a fledgeling ! !... Which I think for the 2nd day of March, is very early for this bird !..... I hope he manages to survive as we usually have another cold spell before the spring has really sprung....

1 comment:

  1. Gerry - 35 miles is very local to me ;) I routinely drive that far to get to the local horse shows and parks. I'm still not great at moving birds, with or without burst mode.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete